Monday, August 29, 2011

Yeah I know.


Well..... let's see- it has been over a year and boy have a lot of things happened. I realize that I am probably the worlds worst blogger but for some reason I have been feeling compelled to update and write lately. Maybe it is because Lynlee is doing so many amazing things right now and I want to have it documented somewhere or maybe it is because I want to give my family the opportunity to hear the wonderful things she is doing. I don't know but I am just going to go with it. God has blessed us beyond belief and I cannot begin to express how thankful and grateful I am.

In the past year I went from being a full-time teacher/full-time cheer coach to a full-time mommy to now a full-time mommy/part-time Global Outreach Coordinator.

I was given the opportunity to come on board at our church, Hope, and work in the Global Outreach department with Michael Leirer. (hence the need to always differentiate between the Michaels in my life by using first and last name at all times, I am sure you will notice this.) Those of you that know me, know that I have a huge heart for missions. So starting this job fit into my life perfectly! It was something that I already lived and breathed and now I got the opportunity to share mission work with SO many. It is the perfect scenario for me as well, part-time and I work from home. I know this is exactly where God wants me and he has orchestrated it all perfectly.

With the new job has come some incredible and amazing responsibilities- getting people on the mission field all over the world. Something that I LOVE! I know first hand how a mission trip can change lives and I am so thankful to be a part of that. I have experienced God in so many incredible ways in Honduras, Kenya and Guatemala. God has such a clever way of showing his face and grace in amazing ways.

Many people wince when I tell them that I have an 18 month old when I am on the field or getting ready to leave to go. There is only one thing I can say- God tells me to go so I have to listen. I have made many mistakes in my life and not listened to God, it seems much more fulfilling and easy when I just shut up and listen to what he wants for my life. Thanks to an amazing husband and family I know that my daughter is in great hands. I also know that one day when she is playing with friends in Kenya or Belize or Honduras or where ever God leads, she will thank me. It is hard in the world we live in today to put yourself last and think of others first, the mission field is a great place to learn that.

I cannot tell you the strength I have learned from kids that I have met on the
field. A 4th, now 6th grade girl, with no parents, no money and total reliance on God never ceases to amaze me. Wow! Boy has she taught me a lot. I have seen her blossom into a beautiful leader within her community and stand up for God and what she believes in. Maybe one day you will each get to meet my sweet Irene. I pray that she will be able to journey here, possibly to study.??? we shall see.

So that is work and mission life in a very small nutshell that I am sure you will come to learn more about if I can keep this blogging thing up. :) Let's talk about my Lovey girl!

Ok so what is up with the "Lovey"? So, I am honestly not sure when this started but we started calling Lynlee our "Lovey" (among other nicknames we have given her) at some point between the first weeks home and 3 months old. So there. It started because there is all this talk in the baby world about "loveys" they are sweet little blankets that babies cuddle when they sleep or whenever really. So between Michael Christie and my big brains, we decided that if Lynlee had her lovey, a one-of-a-kind orange, purple, yarny, towel looking square from lord knows where, that she would be our lovey. I mean it just fit- she loved to cuddle and hug and smell her lovey, well so did we. So that is how it came about- we got a sweet little Lovey girl! So if you hear me refer to her as our Lovey just know that mean Lynlee not a piece of fabric, dog or anything of that nature. Ok-Disclaimer: It is important to be know that Michael Christie has made it clear that no teacher is to call her Lovey at anytime, it is morely just a term of endearment rather than an actual nickname. No seriously, we had to have this discussion when family members started catching on and saying it. :) Love how that Michael Christie mind works.

So what has happened with this sweet lovey girl in the past year?
Oh wow! Well first off she is hilarious, smart, nosey which we like to say "inquisitive", bossy which we like to say "a leader", chunky which we like to say "healthy" and well just precious! She is such a talker, imagine that!?! She really is a girly girl that loves baby dolls, purses, chap-stick, toenail polish, brushing her hair and shoes. Yup, 18 months and already a girly girl. She is a mess and we love every bit of it.

She has started "preschool" at Hope this past week and she LOVES it! She is in the best mood when I pick her up. I think she really likes the structure, her teachers and being able to learn in such a fun environment. One of her best friends, Briley is in the classroom next door so they get to play during outside and pod time! She LOVES it!

Music- Ok so this is something that Lynlee picked up on pretty much right when we brought her home. When she was in my belly I sang her all kinds of songs, old pi phi songs, old church songs, new church songs, radio songs, the whole bit. When she got home I kept those up but it is funny because TBS or some TV station like that had an "O Brother Where Art Thou" marathon going on for which seemed like 2 weeks, which may have only been a day or two but let's face it with a newborn who can keep track! So anyway, they were having a marathon and Michael and I picked up on a couple of their songs and started singing them to Lynlee "Down to the River to Pray" and "Go to Sleep Little Baby". It was the craziest thing because she could be in a frenzy, going crazy and we could turn those on or start singing them and BAM- quiet baby. Boy did that save us a few times in the car! :) It went like that for several months.
We learned really quickly that she enjoyed music. Now we listen to kids music nonstop in the car, sing it in the house, she LOVES to sing at my parent's house and play the drums. So who knows we may have the next Carrie Underwood on our hands. Oh and let's not forget that she can dance! Just bust into "Dance too much booty in the pants" or "Go Lynlee it's your Birthday" and she will break it down. Again, can't help the song choice it just sorta happened and stuck.

Well I think that is enough for now. I number 1 need to go to bed and number 2 need to leave something to write about later. :)

Hopefully I will be a better blogger and can give updates on our lives more than once a year! :)

Love y'all!

Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Here Comes Baby!

 Pregnancy Ticker