Thursday, July 9, 2009

Our First Post

This our first experience in blogging but we feel that it is a fun and exciting way to keep everyone up-to-date with our new family news! We are so excited about the new future addition to the family! Please keep us in your prayers! We are so blessed to have such amazing people around us and we are so excited to share our experiences! YAY BABY!!!

I found out the I was pregnant while in Africa! Throughout the trip, several of the team members and I had gotten very close and they were making jokes if we saw anything baby related! We would all just laugh when we saw storks and they would say it was a sign and it was for the baby! Not knowing that I really did have a little baby inside me! Everyday that went by and "sign" that we encountered it became more and more real that I may really be pregnant! I had such a mix of emotions. I was THRILLED, but scared at the same time. While this was somewhat scary to think that I was on the other side of the world with this amazing miracle inside of me, it was not until I got home that it was confirmed and the true excitement set in! The doctor reassured me that all of the meds that I had been pumping in my body, not knowing I was pregnant, were all perfectly fine! That helped to set my mind at ease and made way for sheer excitement for me and Michael!

How I told the Proud Daddy!
I got home Sunday evening and held it in until Monday at lunch! I wanted to take an American test before I got Michael's hopes up. Sure enough the test came back positive so I knew that I couldn't take it any longer, I had to tell him. I drew out an old looking treasure map that had different points of our journey together. At the end of the map it had "New Baby". He was reading along and got to the new baby part and just stopped. His eyes lit up and said "Seriously?!" I was excited to say "YES! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!" He was so thrilled! He wanted to hear all about how I knew and I showed him my test from Africa, test from Amsterdam, and test from the US. Words cannot explain the excitement that we both felt.


We are so blessed and excited to grow our family! Love,
The Christie's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Here Comes Baby!

 Pregnancy Ticker